Discover the Blue Mountains is a tour company, that runs historical tours through the wonderful Blue Mountains. They required a website that showcased their tours in a historical and unique way.
The design uses a limited colour palette and light texture to envoke an aged appearance. Some light, floral linework has also been added to soften hard edges and provide more visual interest.
To redesign their website to make it look more modern. The design needed to be appealing to young adults, and still look professional to more mature visitors.
A soft colour palette was used to create a peaceful appearance. It has been designed to feel open, while still conforming to a structured grid.
Redesign current website and create a unique design to suit a teenage audience and still be appropriate for staff and business members. The site uses a CMS (Wordpress), so staff can easily maintain the website.
Working in a team of three, It was my job to design the layout of the website. The icons and typography were selected and added later by my other team-mates.
Redesign website to make it look more modern.
The Home page contains a flash banner that fades through a few different photos of the Blue Mountains.
Create a simple, 3 column, centred layout website to provide students with information on humane animal treatment. To be a child site of www.animal-lib.org.au.
Coded for cross-browser compatibilty using XHTML/CSS. I also began converting the design into a Wordpress template, but further development has been put on hold.
Convert table based layout to standards compliant XHTML/CSS and update the design. Font and colour choices had to match pre-existing print media as requested by the client.
It was coded for cross-browser compatibilty and the gallery was styled using only CSS. The live BMPN site has been taken over by the client and some changes have been made to the code.
This was a TAFE project in which I had to redesign an existing flash game. The graphics had to be completely changed and extra funtions had to be added such as a name input, and sound control.
The original game was called Moonlander and was coded by Gary Rosenzweig.
Create a simple and engaging user interface that is easy to navigate through. Further development has been put on hold till further notice.
Each story is on a different frame and uses Actionscript to navigate through them. The navigation mouse over state also uses Actionscript to create a wave like effect when the mouse is moved across a number of the names. This is still just a prototype for the layout which will also contain a header and images.
Create a logo that can be used at both large and small sizes, on screens and in printed material. Some finer details have been added to give the logo more style when displayed at larger sizes. The logo had to be based on digital cameras.
This was for another TAFE project where the entire class had to develop an e-learning program in Macromedia Authorware on using digital cameras. I was part of the resources team, responsible for all images, sounds, videos, and animations.
Remove negative artifacts from the photo to make it look cleaner and more presentable.
Using the Clone Stamp and Healing Brush in Photoshop, I carefully removed the elements that were negatively attracting attention .
This was a personal project in which I wanted to spruce up a scanned photograph I took while at Mount Tohma Botanical Gardens.
I added a number of High Pass Filter layers of varying setting and with different masks to create a stronger outline of the butterfly and increased the contrast of the image. I blurred the background to remove the graininess from scanning the photo and also to help draw the focus onto the butterfly. I also adjusted the colours to make the image much more vibrant.
One of a series of images that needed to be cleaned up for a fashion design student. General tasks included tidying up stray hairs, facial lines and removing some background elements.